Arts & Elbows

A catalogue of commentary on events in Thanet and occassionally the rest of the world.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Last Resort



As the sharper-eyed readers amongst you may have noticed I've not created entries for a while. Covering what is best opined as the "bright shining lie" that Arts Regeneration has proved to be is a fruitless pursuit. I will rarely make more written entries, but I will make more videos.
You can thank Eastcliff Richard for this new direction, his tax deductable donations to my beard and belly funds means I'll still be expressing a few honest opinions rather than wandering off to find more entertaining activities.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Adrian said...

Thought the Beeb had given you your own series on Art Regeneration in Borneo. Welcome back.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Louise O. said...

Philip, as someone about to move to Margate, I can't agree more. I'm moving from east london, a regeneration mecca. For me it was the real people making a difference to the area that drove the real improvements. The council's failed attempts to piggy back on local initiatives were often expensive and misguided and poured money into unworthy pockets. I hope that your films go someway to show that local people are not against regeneration, but ill thought out projects. That not all local people want a margate set in aspic, but deserve the right to look forward to a brighter future. keep up the good work. The camera doesn't lie!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ask Statto