Arts & Elbows

A catalogue of commentary on events in Thanet and occassionally the rest of the world.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Deaths Threats a Go Go

It might come as a surprise to some but probably not to many to hear of threats received against myself and my family for the journalism I've practiced over the past few years. Sure there's been the occasional recipient of a bad review, like Pie Factory who having invited our son to an event sent him away when he turned up, and were miffed enough to come and threaten us as a singularity with fates considered worse than death.
Who would have expected the drug addled son of a local councillor to turn up and pick on dear Mrs Me* in a sadistic manner worthy of the Provisional IRA? Manners and law forbid me from mentioning their name in print but if you can spare the time to come ask me who might be so ASBO seekingly bold as to threaten death upon me and my family for the free speech I've dared to exercise I will be glad to tell you who it was, and whose son it might be if you're not that good with surnames.
Casual observers may well be satisfied to learn that it's a member of the party in government who so keenly claim we should fight against terrorism but permit it to be practiced by their own. Our dear Minister of Transport (as seen on Top Gear) aka the right honourable Steve Ladyman MP for Thanet South has attempted to intervene but with little effect.
Ever thought there might be two sets of rules and some elected representatives choose to break them all?

* Domestic slang for my wife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You invite enquiries regarding this post, but how do I make contact?

11:55 PM  
Blogger Artyblartfast said...

I've added an email option to the index, although you did manage to make contact with me without it.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ask Statto